Wednesday, March 5, 2008

the Kind of Writer I Am

1) I like writing about experiences that I have had. I like revisiting my life in different ways. I also take experiences that my friends have had and I twist them in my head and make a story out of it. I don't really writing outside of school just because I don't really have the time. I like the topics that are realistic and they could possibly happen. One of my favorite books I have ever read is The Dashwood Sister's Secrets of Love. It is one of those stories that everyone can relate too. The story is of three sisters whose life is turned upside down by losing someone close to them, and they must move away from the house, school and friends they love. However, in the new town the three girls all have these different experiences with love. It just amazes me how people so close can be so different, have the same tragedy happen to them, and how they all act so differently.

2) Writing Territories= childhood words
during my childhood I spent a lot of my time traveling between my mom, in Florida, and my dad, in Minnesota. I have been doing the same thing every week since i was 5 traveling between my mom and my dad. I had always been in warm weather, in Florida or the summers with my nannies. I have had about 6 nannies that I can remember. We had nannies because my dad worked all the time and so in order for us not to go crazy my dad got us people to take us swimming or to the parks. I loved always being in the sun, and I still do. Which i think is why one of my other words is warm weather. I never really was in the snow except for a week during winter break. I still, to this day, would rather be in the sun in the middle of the ocean on a boat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I also like to read books, where you can relate in some way. That seems to make the book more interesting, because you know what the characters are going through.

Sylvie said...

Oh goodness! Living without snow??!! I could never do that, especially with all the holiday celebrations like Christmas and New Years eve! I would have liked to live in Florida though just to have that experience, it seems like it would have been fun.